Presentation of the programme
The Summer Trip is a 5-day programme based on the following themes and challenges
- The evolution of brand strategy in the luxury sector
- Creativity: a major challenge in the evolution and sustainability of luxury brands and companies
Strengths of the programme
The challenge is to know how to combine creation and management in a luxury house, as in all types of businesses. As competition intensifies and the risk of trivialisation of the offer becomes more and more real, the brand is no longer the only factor that can make a difference. An essential asset of creation is its ability to make the vital differentiation by projecting itself into an original imaginary territory. It is a strategic tool of primary importance in the growth policy of any company, particularly in the luxury sector. During an intensive week of courses, meetings and workshops with the actors of these professions, the future managers are made aware of the role of creation, and they discover the stakes, methods, advantages and pitfalls of creative management.
The programme is based on courses/lectures given by professionals from the sector, creativity workshops, visits to emblematic sites; boutiques, luxury locations, foundations, etc...
Throughout their stay, students benefit from a tailor-made timetable, allowing them to combine learning with discovering Paris, the capital of luxury.
*A detailed schedule of courses and activities will be provided to participants upon registration.
- To make future managers aware of the major role of creation in luxury brands
- To transmit the understanding and knowledge of the luxury industry and its professions
- Discover and integrate the issues, methods, benefits and possible pitfalls of creativity management.
- Instill in participants the desire and passion for a changing sector that generated $270M in revenue in 2019, representing a 5% increase
- The fundamentals of the luxury sector: history and brands
- The economic weight of the luxury sector/business
- Marketing, merchandising and digital communication techniques specific to the luxury sector
- Management of the creation process
- The new luxuries
The programme is based on courses and conferences led by professionals from the sector, creative workshops and visits to emblematic sites (boutiques, luxury locations, foundations, etc.). Throughout their stay, students benefit from a tailor-made timetable, allowing them to combine learning and discovery of Paris, the capital of luxury.
At the end of the programme, students will present, individually or in groups, a project related to the issue of creation and creativity based on the lectures given, the visits and workshops proposed and their own research.
- 20 hours of courses/lectures
- 1 or 2 creative workshops. I.E: jewellery or leather work
- Visit to a luxury boutique
- Private and guided visit of a museum or foundation dedicated to creation, exceptional pieces or private collections
This training is part of a block of competences RNCP level 7.
Pursuing your studies
If you want to continue your studies after the Summer Trip, it's possible! There are many establishments, both in France and abroad, where you can specialise in a specific field (fashion, tourism, hospitality, gastronomy, jewellery, cosmetics, etc.) or acquire more general, cross-disciplinary skills (finance, management, digital, CSR, law, etc.). Subject to the necessary pre-requisites, you may also decide to take an MBA or a Master of Science to complete your course. To find out about all the options available to you after your degree, click here (in French).
If you have enjoyed the Sup de Luxe experience, you could, for example, join the Online MBA - Luxury Management in the Digital Age, enabling you to deepen your knowledge of luxury business wherever you are in the world. Our advisers will be happy to guide and advise you.