Sup de Luxe's Bachelor's degree in Luxury provides the essential knowledge of luxury business and marketing. A 3-year diploma course which can also be the ideal springboard for an MBA or MSc.
Bachelor’s degree in Luxury Retail in Paris
Ranked number one Bachelor’s programme by Eduniversal
The Bachelor’s degree in Luxury Retail is designed to foster the skills that luxury brands demand from their sales teams, equipping graduates to handle today’s challenges and those of the future.
Benefits of this programme
This programme combines rigorous academic teaching of business fundamentals with technical units specific to the luxury retail sector. It also places great emphasis on the development of know-how and soft skills, artistic expertise, lifestyle, behavioural techniques, multicultural understanding etc.
The Luxury Retail BA comprises three years of vocational, general and sector-specific training, including multiple internships, the option of completing the course on a work/study basis* and numerous professional networking opportunities.
It is the only vocational degree for retail careers which can boast such a rich professional ecosystem.
Possibility of earning a double degree recognised Bac+3 by the French Ministry of Higher Education. By completing your 3rd year of Bachelor’s at EDC Paris Business School, you will obtain the Sup de Luxe school diploma AND the Bachelor of Science in Management from EDC Paris Business School.
* Work/study format available in the 3rd year, for students joining in the first or second year of the bachelor’s programme in September 2022
- Block 1: Implementing a development strategy
- Block 2: Implementing a marketing strategy
- Block 3: Managing development in project mode
- Block 4: Managing a local and remote team on a long-term basis
- Block 5: Distributing products/services
Graduates of the programme attain the professional title Responsable développement (Development Manager), certified level 6, NSF Codes 310, 312, registered in the RNCP on 20 July 2022, delivered by Formatives.
For anyone who joined the Bachelor's programme before 01/01/2023, the professional title given is Chargé de marketing et promotion (Marketing and Promotion Specialist), certified level 6, Code NSF 312p, registered in the RNCP on 24 April 2020, delivered by Formatives.
- Pass rate 2021: 94 %
- Number of students: 271
- Satisfaction score: 4,8/5
- Graduate employment rate: 100%
- Drop-out rate: 0,91%
- Rate of response to feedback survey: 100%
Source: satisfaction and career advancement surveys conducted in 2022 by the institution.
Interactive learning methods. Students are expected to listen, contribute, work in groups, speak their minds, evaluate content/projects, develop their collaborative and collective intelligence and unleash their creativity.
For more information, contact us.
Last update: March 2023
First year: Discovering and understanding the luxury sector
- General knowledge - sectors
- Clients in the luxury sector
- Fundamental principles of sales and customer relationships
- Introduction to marketing
- Luxury marketing
- International development of luxury brands
- Introduction to law
- Contemporary etiquette / soft skills
- LV1 English
- English for the Luxury sector
- LV2 Chinese
- Office tools
- Writing techniques, tricks and tips
- Career development seminar
- Writing for professional purposes
11 weeks of internships to discover the luxury retail profession and corporate culture
Second year: Discovering and understanding career paths and professions in the luxury sector
- Luxury and digital technologies
- Intercultural relations and the sociology of clients
- Visual merchandising
- CRM – Customer Relation Management
- Online reputation
- Customer experience marketing
- Creativity and the evolution of trends in the luxury sector
- Luxury brand law
- Office tools
- LVA English
- English for Luxury
- LV2 Chinese
- Recruitment and skills evaluation
- Introduction to company management
- Career development seminar
- Choice of special subjects:
- Food & Beverage
- Fashion / Haute Couture / Accessories
8 weeks of internships to learn more about careers in luxury retail.
Third year: understanding commercial and marketing strategies for luxury brands
- Career development workshop
- LV1: English - preparation for TOEIC exam
- LV2: Chinese
- Visual Merchandising
- Retail & Purchasing
- Managing a profit centre
- Strategic/operational marketing
- Communication strategy/Hackathon
- Employment law
- Specialist modules
- Introduction to HR management
- Digital communication
- ntroduction to Photoshop/Illustrator
- Choice of special subjects:
- Perfume & Cosmetics
- Watches & Jewellery
Students can choose between:
- 3-to-6-month professional work placement in France or overseas
- Work/study contract (apprenticeship) possible during the 3rd year
Possibility of earning a double degree recognised Bac+3 by the French Ministry of Higher Education. By completing your 3rd year of Bachelor’s at EDC Paris Business School, you will obtain the Sup de Luxe school diploma AND the Bachelor of Science in Management from EDC Paris Business School. More information on the EDC's programme here.
The work/study option allows students to combine practical training in a business environment with theoretical studies on campus. Popular with both students and businesses, this format provides a rare opportunity to gain long-term work experience, as a fully-fledged company employee.
Students opting for the work/study format are exempted from tuition fees, and receive a salary.
- Structure: 1 week of study, 3 weeks at work
- Contract start date: Max. 1 month before the start of term, or before mid-January for contracts starting during the academic year (contracts must run for a minimum of 6 months)
- Monthly salary:
o Students aged 18-20: 67% of minimum wage
o Students aged 21-25: 78% of minimum wage
Students continue to receive pay during the time they spend on campus: any absence during either work or study periods may lead to salary deductions.
The programme comprises academic lectures, internships and subsequent reports.
Different methods of assessment are used: continuous assessment, mid-term examinations and internship interviews.
Teaching will take place at the Paris La Villette campus (15 Rue de Cambrai 75019 Paris).
Students with disabilities are invited to visit our Accessibility page.
The Bachelor’s degree in Luxury Retail provides an ideal route to the Sup de Luxe MBA and Master of Science programmes, as well as preparing graduates to begin their careers immediately with fashion houses and luxury brands. Graduates of the BA programme are well-equipped to pursue further studies in this field, but also have the necessary professional skills to take on numerous roles:
- Area manager
- Sales rep
- Visual merchandiser
- Retail coordinator
- Store manager
- Sales assistant
- Online sales manager
- Logistical director
- Supply chain manager
"I need to blossom in a house that has history, a Sup de Luxe type house [...] I wanted to specialize in the world of luxury and be able to generate that Luxury DNA that we learn through the Sup de Luxe years."
Jérémie Colle, 2019
"I chose Sup de Luxe for the accompaniment, to have an exchange with our colleagues and our speakers [...] We have a lot of opportunities in luxury. You are contacted by a lot of houses that are often attracted by Sup de Luxe."
Samy Qamar, 2019
Students are eligible to join this course:
- In the 1st year for French and international students with a Baccalaureate or equivalent
- In the 2nd year for those with qualifications equivalent to Bac +1, Bac +2 or Bac +3 (subject to conditions)
Recognition of prior learning (VAE)
Professionals with experience in this field may apply for recognition of their prior learning and professional skills via the VAE scheme. Applications must be submitted no later than 9 months before the degree committee meets.
- in the first year for French or foreign students holding a baccalaureate or equivalent
- in the second year for students with a Bac +1, Bac +2 or Bac +3 (subject to admission conditions)
Selection process of the Luxury Bachelor
- Pre-selection on file.
- Competition: written and oral tests. An invitation by e-mail is sent to candidates
- General Culture QCM - 30min - Coef 3.
- English MCQ and mini essay from a proposed theme - 30min - Coef 2.
- Motivational Interview - 30min - Coef 5.
French and international students :
- €9,950 per year
- From €8,000 for 1st year (intake in January)
The price indicated is subject to deductions according to the terms of payment.
Application deadline: Up to the first day of the programme except for students applying for a visa, for whom the application must be made 8 weeks before the intake.
For more information, feel free to contact our Admissions Department number at +33 (0)7 64 77 50 51, or by filling out our contact form.