Sup de Luxe, Cartier Chair
Discover the history of the Institute through the key events that led it to become the reference in luxury business and management.
History of Sup de Luxe, Cartier Chair
Founded on the initiative of Cartier in 1990 as the Institut Supérieur de Marketing du Luxe, Sup de Luxe is the first institute in the world created and run by luxury professionals. Over the years, this renowned institution has welcomed thousands of passionate students from more than 70 countries and helped them develop their skills and expertise in a constantly evolving sector.
The history of Sup de Luxe is marked by exceptional and iconic encounters that have allowed students to benefit from the experience and advice of eminent leaders.
Let's take a look back at the major events that have shaped the Institute:
- 1990: Foundation of the institute on the initiative of Alain Dominique Perrin and Michel Guten, respectively Chairman and Managing Director of Cartier International. Creation of the first training course (Cartier Chair) aimed at the luxury professions, by and for professionals
- 1991: Creation of the Alumni Association following the graduation of the first class
- 1996: Installation of the institute at the Ecole des Cadres (now EDC Paris Business School)
- 2002: « Donnez-nous notre luxe quotidien », the first book published by and with the students of Sup de Luxe
- 2006: Creation of Sup de Goût to train future managers in gastronomy and French savoir-vivre
- 2011: « Le luxe, entre business et culture », second book published in collaboration with Sup de Luxe students and professionals from the sector
- 2015: Creation of the Luxury Bachelor, specialising in business and marketing
- 2015: Creation of the MSc Global Luxury Brand Management with the CGE (Conférence des Grandes Ecoles) label. Labeling that brings an academic dimension to the institute
- 2017: Sup de Luxe joins Planeta Formations and Universities (Planeta Group's international higher education network)
- 2020: Launch of the Online MBA – Luxury Management in the Digital Age
- 2020: The MSc Fashion & Luxury Business obtains the CGE label
- 2022: Sup de Goût becomes the MSc Food & Wine International Management programme, with CGE label
A word from the Director of Sup de Luxe, Cartier Chair
“For more than 30 years, our institution has established itself as a world reference in education and will continue to train future leaders in a unique environment. We have cultivated a passion for luxury by encouraging students to explore creativity, to immerse themselves in its culture and to become ambassadors for this prestigious business. Within our schools, the teachers are experts, transmitting their know-how and passion with relevance and conviction. Sup de Luxe alumni continue to actively participate in the life of the institution by sharing their experience and expertise with current students.
Because together, we are going further!
The Institut Supérieur de Marketing du Luxe wishes to express its gratitude to all the people and professionals in the sector who have contributed to its foundation and development for over 30 years.”