MSc Fashion & Luxury Business
The MSc Fashion & Luxury business is designed for students who wish to specialize and undertake in-depth studies to prepare themselves at a high level for the ever-changing demands of the fashion and luxury industries.
The mentor of the MSc Fashion & Luxury Business is Alain Quillet.
Fashion is a dynamic, constantly changing and fast-growing segment of the luxury industry.
The MSc Fashion and Luxury business is designed for students who wish to specialize and undertake in-depth studies to prepare themselves at a high level for the ever-changing demands of the fashion and luxury industries.
The objective is to train students and provide them with a wide range of management skills in the fashion industry.
The program offers management courses and specialized courses in fashion management, all taught by professionals in the sector.
The strong linkage between Sup de Luxe and the corporate community is to ensure a perfect fusion of management, art, craftsmanship, and science, which is the essence of fashion.
At the end of the program, you will:
- be able to demonstrate original creative thinking and autonomy in developing project ideas when responding to the changing needs of the fashion industry
- be equipped to deal with existing and emerging technologies in today’s international fashion industry
- have an understanding of specialist brand development and business practices globally
Program labelised Master of Science (MSc) by the “Conference des Grandes Ecoles”
PROGRAM OF THE FIRST YEAR
- Ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Corporate finance
- Strategic management
- Management information system and Project Management
- French as a foreign language
- Business development
- Human Ressources Management
- Entreprenerial Finance and Accounting Management
- Supply chain and logistics
- Big Data and knowledge management
- Business English
- Career Development Workshops
PROGRAM OF THE SECOND YEAR
Understanding Global landscape of the luxury industry
- Foundations of luxury
- Characteristics of luxury companies
- International market trends and international growth of luxury companies
- Designing luxury strategies
- Executing luxury strategies
- Structuring and managing the luxury value chain
- Digital strategies
- Catching new opportunities and developing new business models
Mastering Business Models in Fashion & Luxury Business
- Country models in fashion
- The fashion process and timeline, the fashion pipeline
- Business models in fashion and luxury
- Understanding of the fashion industry segments
- Sustainability and digitalization of the fashion value chain
Managing legal & regulatory issues in the luxury business
- Intellectual Property /Trademark
- Product licensing, contracts and control of brand image
- Combating counterfeit and parallel imports
- International regulatory and tax environment
Understanding Sociology & history of fashion
- Fashion Sociology
- Cultural framework to understand fashion
Defining Fashion & Luxury Branding strategy
- “Luxury Branding Fundamentals”
- Luxury & fashion Brand Management
- “Communication in Luxury Branding”
Managing Corporate Finance & Performance in the Fashion and Luxury industry
- Financial analysis & diagnosis of Fashion companies
- Value drivers of Fashion companies
- Investment appraisal
- Profitability analysis
- Cost Structure analysis (variable /fixes)
- How to impact key operational decision-making
- Balanced Scorecard within the fashion industry
Managing Digital Marketing & E-commerce in the Fashion business
- Fashion E-commerce and E-business evolution
- Fashion E-commerce Marketplace
- Fashion Luxury Marketing Research & Communications in a digital context
- Developing a Fashion B2C E-commerce Strategy
- Strategic digital marketing decisions in the fashion business
- New trends in Digital marketing within the fashion business
French as a foreign language
Personal & Career development
- CV & Cover letter writing
- Job search Techniques
- Presentation techniques
- Personal branding on social media
- Orientation sessions
- Transactional analysis
- MBTI or equivalent
- The nature and scope of research
- The research process at postgraduate level
- Designing a research project
- Formulating the research question and hypothesis
- Critically reviewing the literature
- Appraising research philosophies, approaches and strategies
- Conducting primary research: interviews and focus groups, observations, surveys
- Tools & techniques
Designing Fashion and luxury marketing strategies
- Luxury & Fashion Marketing
- Luxury & Fashion communication strategies
Mastering specificities of the (luxury) fashion product
- Crafting the fashion product
- Trending the Fashion Product
- Use of fabric and materials in garment-making, fabrics knowledge
- Pattern making and cutting
Managing communication & key events in the fashion business
- Introduction to event communication business
- Managing events for fashion & luxury brands
- Events at the heart of fashion Communication
- Key steps to plan, produce and organize an event
- history and evolution of fashion shows
- Discovering backstage
- Focus on production companies & model agencies
- Keys success factors and challenges for fashion shows
Managing a Fashion point of sales in a multichannel perspective
- Operating a retail business in the fashion business
- E-Retail & Fashion Business
- Operating a wholesale business in the fashion business
- The concept of Wholetail.
- Introduction to fmerchandising strategy & tools
- Visual Merchandising & Experiential retail in the luxury fashion business
Managing Purchasing & supply chain in the fashion business
- Building a strategic framework to analyze supply chains in the fashion business
- Designing the supply chain networks
- Planning & coordinating demand & supply
- Planning & Managing Inventories
- Designing and planning Transportation networks
- SCM and Information technology
- Our Master of Science requires a full-time commitment. The lecture calendar includes morning and afternoon sessions, plus on certain days the lectures will extend into the evening.
- Your learning is guaranteed by an advanced and participatory teaching method that includes lectures, exercises, problem-based learning cases and field projects.
- The program will consist of theoretical courses, lectures and internship or job
- The methods of evaluation are : Continuous, partial and dissertation.
- A 3-year bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university with strong academic performance or a 4-year bachelor’s degree to enter the second year
- A good command of English
- No prior knowledge of French is needed; however French language classes are mandatory for non-French speakers as part of the program.
- A selection committee examines the application file considering the candidate's qualifications and professional experience.
- If the application submission is judged satisfactory, candidates undergo a face-to-face interview or remotely. The interview lasts about 30 minutes is based on a typical job interview.
- Successful candidates will be admitted based on the application package and the interview.
- The selection process is ongoing yearlong.
- Applications are examined on a rolling basis and, given the high number of applications, those received much in advance of the deadline have a greater chance of being admitted. Therefore, it is in your best interest to submit your application as early as possible.
*Tuition fees :
French and international students :
- 33.000€ for two years
- 20.000€ for the second year alone
The rate indicated is subject to deductions according to the terms of payment.